If you are looking for an easy to recreate, portable, and crowd-pleasing meal for your upcoming summer cookouts, this Quinoa and Blueberry Salad is it!
How is it already the middle of June?! Summer is (almost) officially here! I know cookouts and potlucks run rampant during summer months, so I’m always on the hunt for creative recipes to tote along. Fruit salads and raw veggies are always my go-to, but I want to challenge myself to bring something different and creative that others might not think of. This Quinoa and Blueberry Salad is the perfect fit for that! I made a batch for a summer-themed girls game night last week, and it was a hit so I wanted to share the recipe.
Prep and cook times are short and sweet, and it really doesn’t take too much effort in the kitchen either! Simple, just how I like it. The fresh dill really does add an extra layer of flavor, but you could sub in dried dill if you want. I used blueberries, but I’m thinking blackberries might be included the next go round! Additionally, you can use whatever nuts you want – cashews, pecans, walnuts, doesn’t matter!
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked per package
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon (~1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp honey
- Add cooked quinoa through dill in large mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
- Add lemon juice through honey in jar and shake to combine.
- Pour dressing into mixing bowl and toss to coat. Serve chilled!
- Feel free to substitute nuts and fruit to whatever you prefer or have on hand!