No better pick-me-up than these chocolate cake energy bites! They taste sinful, but they’re loaded with good-for-you ingredients and superfoods that are perfect for an afternoon snack, pre-workout bite, or sweet tooth tamer!
Energy bites are definitely having a moment, aren’t they? Seems like every time I scroll through the ‘gram, I see another recipe for an energy bite/ball. Which, for the record, I prefer to word bite over ball. Regardless, I’m a firm believer that you can never have enough different recipes for these little guys. As I try to expand and vary my recipe repertoire for energy bites, I’ll make sure to continue to share the winners with y’all!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup creamy, runny peanut butter
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 T maca powder
- 2 T shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 t natural fiber sweetener (I used Silver Fern brand, however this is completely optional)
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring until incorporated into a dough-like texture. Allow to sit in fridge ~10 minutes to harden up slightly (this makes it easier to form and roll). Roll into balls and store in fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.